Following are President Erdoğan’s remarks regarding the armed attack on Russian Ambassador to Turkey Karlov:
- I vehemently condemn the attack.
- We know this is a provocation to undermine the normalization of Turkish-Russian relations yet both the Russian administration and the Republic of Turkey are determined not to give in to this provocation.
- In our conversation with Putin this evening, we agreed to further strengthen our collaboration particularly in the international fight against terror in the forthcoming days.
- On behalf of my country and nation, I would like to express my condolences to thePresident of the Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin and the Russian nation.
- We know and closely follow those endeavouring to make use of the situation.
-Attack on the Russian ambassador is a provocation against the goodrelations between Turkey and Russia on Syria.
- I offer my condolences to both Turkey and Russia.